We have had our best years ever for several years in a row, which means that we are eager to grow our team of lumber traders.
There is a place at Buckeye for candidates who are ambitious, competitive, and looking to excel in a lifelong career trading lumber.
We need both newcomers to the industry who are hungry to succeed, as well as experienced traders who are looking to bring their expertise to a new home.
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following traits and abilities:
- A high level of ambition and motivation to succeed
- Experience in sales is a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and relationships easily
- Competitiveness, not only with others but yourself as well
Living and Working in Portland
Buckeye is located in Tualatin, Oregon, a southwestern suburb in the Portland metro area. Tualatin boasts a high quality of life, with over 200 acres of community parks, a school district in the top 10 districts in the Portland area, and many opportunities for community involvement.
Local facts & highlights:
- Close vicinity to the Oregon Coast, Mt. Hood, and the Columbia River Gorge
- Hiking trails in the heart of the city, like Forest Park and Washington Park
- Breweries and wineries galore – Portland is home to more breweries than any other city on earth!
- The Portland International Airport is consistently rated the best airport in the US. Where else can you find food carts in the airport?
- Sports fans will find many teams to cheer for: the Portland Trailblazers, the Thorns, the Timbers, and the Winterhawks
- Portland’s summer is dryer than the U.S. average, getting less than an inch of rain July – August. However, we make up for it in the winter. Expect to carry an umbrella November – December
- Average commute time: 26.3 minutes
Buckeye offers a comprehensive benefits package, including mental, dental, long-term disability, 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer match, life insurance, and company stock investment opportunities.